The face is one of the most sensitive parts of our body and it is very essential to take care of your face. The sunlight, lack of sleep, high temperatures, pollution, and many others can contribute to your face skin to look less than ideal. This is the reason why you should have to take care of your skin, especially when it comes to your face. One of the best skincare routines that you can try at home is doing the organic facials which have an excellent number of benefits that can make your skin amazing.
The main difference between the organic facial and the regular facial is the ingredients used in it. While doing the facial organically, the organic or plant-based ingredients are used in order to achieve the beautiful skin for your face.
Top 5 benefits of organic facials:
Doing the facials at home organically or naturally will always be advantages in one or many ways. The following are the top 5 benefits of doing it,
- The top benefit of doing the facials organically is that it is gentle on your face when compared to a regular facial. For people with sensitive skin, when they use a regular facial it can sometimes become more sensitive and will make them feel uncomfortable afterward. But in the case of using the facials organically, this kind of discomfort can be reduced since the natural facials are mostly suitable for all the types of skin.
- Secondly, these kinds of natural facials are mostly chemical-free and of course, definitely you do not have to worry about the side effects. Exposing yourself to a higher number of chemicals will give more side effects and you do not have to worry in case if you are using the natural products, more the organic products lesser the worry.
- Mostly fruits, oils, and herbs are used for making organic skincare products and these products have natural antioxidants. The antioxidants are very helpful if you have wind or sun-damaged skin, and of course, your skin will become more beautiful with these natural antioxidants. In addition to the antioxidants, mostly they also have the anti-bacterial properties which will help to clear your skin and will remove any bacteria that cause blemishes. Both the antioxidant and antibacterial properties of the natural products will help your skin to look clear and more beautiful.
- One of the main advantages of using organic facial is that you can easily try at home and you don’t have to travel to the beauty parlors. In this case, you can save the money that you spend on traveling and the fee you give it in the parlors. Also, you can get the facials whenever you wish and you do not have to wait for the parlor people and of course, this not only saves your money but also saves you valuable time.
- Using the natural facial cleanser can definitely provide you with the benefit of deep clean to your skin. Using the Organic products for your skin will give your skin a deeper clean even than a superficial clean and definitely will make your skin look more amazing than ever.
These are the top 5 benefits of doing the facial organically at home and definitely you will never be worried about trying this since it will give you a fantastic as well as a long-lasting result. So don’t make your face wait for long and give it a try without any further delay.
How to Do Organic Facial At Home?
Here is a step-by-step instruction about how to do facial at home in an organic way:
Step 1: Cleanse your face
Cleansing your face is the first and foremost step of doing a facial or any skincare routine, which helps to get rid of excess oil, dirt, and makeup. When it comes to the natural facial cleanser, honey tops the list for all skin types.
- Firstly rinse your face with warm water.
- Then take a small amount of honey and rub it gently on your face in an upward circular motion.
- Next, splash the natural facial cleanser off with cool water.
Step 2: Exfoliate
This is another important step in doing facial that helps to remove the dead cells from the skin, and helping to brighten your skin.
- For the normal skin: 1 teaspoon of ground oatmeal, one teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of olive oil can be mixed together and used. For oily skin: one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of water, and one teaspoon of sugar can be mixed and used as an exfoliator. For dry skin: One teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of ground almonds can be combined together and use it as an exfoliator.
- Based on your skin type, choose your exfoliator, then take a coin-sized amount of it and rub it on your face in an upward circular motion. Continue this for a couple of minutes and remember you don’t over scrub your face.
- Then splash off the exfoliator with cool water
Step 3: Steam
Steaming helps to relax the skin and open up the pores helping release the toxin from the face and to soak up all the goodness the facial has to offer.
- Take very hot water in a bowl and add Rosemary Essential oil or Rosemary sprig into the hot water.
- Keep the hot water pot in a comfortable place and then place a towel over your head and lean towards the hot water bowl in a manner that the towel acts as a tent to hold the steam. Ensure that you do not lean very close to the pot as the vapors can be too hot for your face.
- Do this for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 4: Applying face mask
After you have steamed the face, the skin is ready now to take on some nutrition which can be achieved by applying a face mask on your skin.
- Recommended face mask: for normal skin, take one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of yogurt together. For oily skin take one tablespoon of Multani mitti and one tablespoon of honey together. For dry skin take a half mashed banana mixed with one tablespoon of honey.
- Choose the face mask based on your skin type then spread a thin layer of it onto your face. Make sure that you do not apply it very close to your eyes or your mouth.
- Keep this face mask on your face for at least 15 to 20 minutes and then you can splash off the mask with cool water.
Step 5: Toning
Once you have soaked up the goodness onto your face by means of applying a face mask, it is the time now to seal your pores in order to keep it away from dirt or toxins. This can be done by using a natural toner which would also help in making your skin more hydrated.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a natural toner which greatly helps in balancing the pH of your skin and sealing the pores. For preparing the toner you can add one teaspoon of water to a half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and it can be used for all kinds of skin.
- You can use a cotton pad to apply the toner on your face. Make sure that you are avoiding the area of your eyes while applying the toner.
- You can allow the toner to naturally become dry on your face.
- Note if you have combination skin then you may limit using the toner to your t-zone.
Step 6: Moisturize your face
Moisturizing is the last as well as an essential step of doing the facial, which greatly helps to hydrate to the skin.
- Recommended organic moisturizer: for normal skin, you can use half a teaspoon of almond oil or olive oil. For oily skin, you can use half a teaspoon of jojoba oil or one teaspoon of aloe vera gel. For dry skin, you can use half a teaspoon of argan oil or coconut oil.
- Based on your skin type first, choose the moisturizer.
- Take a small amount of moisturizer based upon the consistency and apply it in an upward circular motion onto your face and then let your skin absorb the moisturizer.
These are the various steps involved in doing an organic facial at home which you can easily try out with the ingredients available at home.
Tips and precautions to be considered while doing facials organically at home:
The following are some of the tips for doing a facial at home:
- Don’t apply makeup immediately after doing the facial, you must at least give a couple of hours for your skin to breathe.
- You can do facial once a week in order to keep your skin very healthy and beautiful and know that all the natural ingredients will not damage your skin while they will improve your skin texture.
- You must ensure that while following the steps for doing facial never forget to follow the indicated amount of time for each ingredient you use.
- You can keep everything ready before you start doing your facial and so that you will not miss any steps and you can complete the facial easily as well as efficiently.
- If you are experiencing any kind of discomfort from the ingredients used for the facial then you must rinse it off and cleanse your face very immediately.
- You must always make sure that the ingredients do not go into your eyes and if so you must rinse your eyes with cold water immediately.
By following these you can easily get a glowing face as well as flawless skin definitely at very low costs.
Comparing Microdermabrasion facial and organic facial:
Microdermabrasion facial is a kind of procedure that is used to renew the overall facial skin tone and texture as well. It can help in improving the appearance of skin with sun damage, wrinkles, acne scarring fine lines, age spots, melasma, and many other skin related concerns and conditions. This procedure is done by the special applicator with the abrasive surface to remove the thick outer layer of the skin gently in order to rejuvenate it. A unique microdermabrasion technique sprays fine particles of sodium bicarbonate or aluminum oxide with a vacuum or suction in order to get the same outcome as the abrasive surface.
This technique is considered a safe procedure for almost all types of skin and all skin colors. You can choose to get this procedure if you have the following skin concerns:
- Hyperpigmentation, age spots, and brown spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dull-looking skin complexion
- Enlarged pores and blackheads
- Acne and acne scars
- Sun damage
- Uneven skin tone and texture
For this treatment, it requires a proper microdermabrasion kit which may cost starting from 40 pounds. Even though it can be bought and done at home, there are always a lot of differences between the professional microdermabrasion treatment and at-home microdermabrasion facial. The professionals are well experienced and their kits are usually more powerful which would penetrate more deeply into your skin.
The main differences in doing a microdermabrasion treatment and organic facial are:
- By means of doing the organic facial at home you do not have to spend the money on buying those kids or traveling to the professionals’ place, you can just do the facial with the already available ingredients at home.
- Secondly, the results of microdermabrasion treatments are quicker when compared with doing the facials naturally.
- Thirdly even though it has quicker results for some people with sensitive skin, microdermabrasion facial treatment will cause some side effects, and of course, this does not occur in case of doing facial organically.